This resource includes everything you need to teach cell transport with little to no prep- and offers many editable resources, as well! The unit includes a suggested unit planner to help guide you through it. These resources are fresh and fun- so if you're looking to diffuse your cell transport materials into a new direction, this is for you!
This unit can be used as a stand alone curriculum or as part of an existing curriculum.
Included are notes, coloring pages, labs, practice sheets, a trashketball review game, test, quiz, and the fluid mosaic model!
The following topics are covered:
Properties of the cell membrane
Active vs. Passive transport
The Sodium Potassium Pump
Relevance and importance of diffusion
Included in this resource:
1. Cell Transport PowerPoint Presentation- student fill in version included; completely editable; 42 slides
2. Passive Transport Coloring-students color and label the different types of passive transport and answer questions.
3. Cell Environments Coloring: Hypertonic, Hypotonic and Isotonic Solutions- Coloring and Analysis
4. Sodium Potassium Coloring (3 versions for differentiation)
5. Endocytosis and Exocytosis Coloring
6. Diffusion Reading Exercise- Diffusion Across the Respiratory Membrane covers the simple diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide, and how the rate of diffusion might be affected.
7. The Cell Membrane Practice- one page that involves coloring, filling in a table, and short answer.
8. Cell Transport Graphic Organizer
9. Diffusion of Food Coloring Do Now- simple fill in that students complete watching food coloring diffuse in a beaker
10. Cell Environments- 2 page worksheet exploring hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic environments.
11. Cell Transport Task Cards- a fan favorite. 31 editable stations with a student fill in sheet.
12. Gummy Bear Osmosis Lab- 4 page analysis with editable version.
13. Cell Size Lab- includes a pre-lab so that students may practice calculating surface area and volume. The potato lab provides a visual to show how diffusion favors small cells.
14. Simulating the Cell Membrane- Cornstarch and Iodine Lab
15. Fluid Mosaic Model Cut and Paste- students build a phospholipid bilayer with proteins to make a plasma membrane.
16. Cell Transport Review Game: Trashketball!- a fun game your students will love. 31 editable questions with a PowerPoint template and directions on how to play.
17.Cell Transport Study Guide- 6 editable pages and 42 questions that cover everything cell transport.
18. Cell Transport Open Note quiz- 10 questions
19. Cell Transport Test- 36 editable questions
If you were to purchase everything individually, it would cost $38.23, this is being offered at 30% off for $26.99.
Looking for Interactive Notebook Activities?
You can find them here in a separate package:
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.