This is a complete and comprehensive plan that covers photosynthesis from notes to test and all the fun stuff in between. There are 17 items total and it is designed for student comprehension! There is also a planner included so you know which order you can use the items in.
This unit can be used as a stand alone curriculum or as part of an existing curriculum.
✿ Light dependent reactions of photosynthesis - electron transport chain
✿ Light independent reactions - Calvin Cycle
✿ Connection between light and dark reactions
✿ Rate of photosynthesis: wavelengths, light, and temperature
✿ Rate of photosynthesis lab- carbon dioxide, oxygen (Elodea)
✿ Cells of the leaf and stomata
✿ Why Leaves change color
✿ Pigment Lab
Included in this bundled unit are:
1) Photosynthesis Notes: 20 slide PowerPoint presentation with student notes included.
2) Photosynthesis Quiz (I use this as an open note but it is editable and can be used however you wish).
3) Photosynthesis Practice: Great homework assignment!
4) Photosynthesis and Light
5) The Reactions of Photosynthesis: a 3 page summary of photosynthesis reading, coloring and labeling.
6) Green Solar Cells: All About Chloroplasts!
7) The Calvin Cycle: Practice all about the Calvin cycle!
8) The Elodea Took My Breath Away!: Lab that observes photosynthesis (or lack thereof) in certain conditions using Elodea.
Photosynthesis Closed Note Quiz- 18 questions (mostly matching)
9) Why Leaves Change Color (The Tale of the Masked Pigments): Reading article familiarizing students with different pigments.
10) Paper Chromatography Lab: Pigment Powered Plants!
11) The Cells of the Leaf and Photosynthesis: Students learn about the cells of the leaf via a cut-out manipulative!
12) Alotta Stomata: Students read more detail about stomata and how they can affect photosynthesis.
13) Photosynthesis Task Cards
14) From Sunlight to Rainbow Candy
15) Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
16) Who Wants to Be a Smarty Pants?: FUN interactive review game!
17) Photosynthesis Test
If all items were purchased separately, it would cost $40.96. I am offering the bundled unit plan at a 30% discount for $27.99!
➩ ➩ Looking for the entire curriculum? You can get this unit along with several others in my Big Biology Curriculum Bundle
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.