Population Genetics Mini Unit (Hardy-Weinberg) is an activity package that includes the following to help provide you with some fun and effective items to teach population genetics and the Hardy-Weinberg principle- from a colorful and effective PowerPoint to a normal distribution lab.
Included in this activity package:
1.Population Genetics PowerPoint Presentation (student notes included
2. Types of Selection Practice: Students practice determining if a population is showing signs of disruptive, directional, or stabilizing selection.
3. Normal Distribution Lab: Polygenic Traits: Students use their shoe sizes to create a bell curve and answer some fun questions about selection!
4. Hardy-Weinberg Reading Exercise: Mathematics in Evolution: A simplistic, non-complicated reading exercise to help introduce the Hardy-Weinberg principle
5. Hardy-Weinberg Equation Practice: A personal favorite of mine- editable Hardy-Weinberg equations that use real-life applications.
6. Population Genetics Quiz: 19 questions; editable
If everything was purchased separately it would cost $13.44. I'm offering the bundle at a 20% discount for $10.50
Interested in evolution, too? I've got you covered. This link takes you to the evolution unit bundle, but you can check out the links in the product description that take you to the individual resources.
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).