Viruses Mini Unit
This mini bundle on viruses includes everything you need to include viruses in your biology class- from an engaging PowerPoint presentation to a quiz, and some fun tasks in between!
- Basic virus structure: capsid, nucleic acids, envelope, glycoproteins
- Viruses compared to cells and the properties of life
- Common viruses
- Lysogenic and Lytic cycles with mention of bacteriophages
- Viral replication in animal cells
- HIV and influenza
- Engaging, editable PowerPoint presentation with student fill-in version
- Reading Exercise: Viruses and Viral Replication
- Are Viruses Alive? Jigsaw
- Viruses Graphic Organizer
- Viruses Want Ad (with more advanced differentiation version)
- Doctor for a Day: optional project on human viruses
- Study Guide
- Pacing Guide for both 50 minute and 90 minute blocks for anywhere from 2-5 class periods depending on length of class and available time commitment
NGSS cross curricular (see preview)
This mini unit is included in my Biology Curriculum Bundle and ties in with my cells unit. Have a question before purchasing? Leave me a question in my store, or send me an email: [email protected]
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).