This resource includes everything you need to teach cell transport with little to no prep- and offers many editable resources, as well! The unit includes a suggested unit planner to help guide you through it. These resources are fresh and fun- so if you're looking to diffuse your cell transport materials into a new direction, this is for you!
This unit can be used as a stand alone curriculum or as part of an existing curriculum.
Included are notes, coloring pages, labs, practice sheets, a trashketball review game, test, quiz, and the fluid mosaic model!
The following topics are covered:
Properties of the cell membrane
Active vs. Passive transport
The Sodium Potassium Pump
Relevance and importance of diffusion
Included in this resource:
1. Cell Transport PowerPoint Presentation- student fill in version included; completely editable; 42 slides
2. Passive Transport Coloring-students color and label the different types of passive transport and answer questions.
3. Cell Environments Coloring: Hypertonic, Hypotonic and Isotonic Solutions- Coloring and Analysis
4. Sodium Potassium Coloring (3 versions for differentiation)
5. Endocytosis and Exocytosis Coloring
6. Diffusion Reading Exercise- Diffusion Across the Respiratory Membrane covers the simple diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide, and how the rate of diffusion might be affected.
7. The Cell Membrane Practice- one page that involves coloring, filling in a table, and short answer.
8. Cell Transport Graphic Organizer
9. Diffusion of Food Coloring Do Now- simple fill in that students complete watching food coloring diffuse in a beaker
10. Cell Environments- 2 page worksheet exploring hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic environments.
11. Cell Transport Task Cards- a fan favorite. 31 editable stations with a student fill in sheet.
12. Gummy Bear Osmosis Lab- 4 page analysis with editable version.
13. Cell Size Lab- includes a pre-lab so that students may practice calculating surface area and volume. The potato lab provides a visual to show how diffusion favors small cells.
14. Simulating the Cell Membrane- Cornstarch and Iodine Lab
15. Fluid Mosaic Model Cut and Paste- students build a phospholipid bilayer with proteins to make a plasma membrane.
16. Cell Transport Review Game: Trashketball!- a fun game your students will love. 31 editable questions with a PowerPoint template and directions on how to play.
17.Cell Transport Study Guide- 6 editable pages and 42 questions that cover everything cell transport.
18. Cell Transport Open Note quiz- 10 questions
19. Cell Transport Test- 36 editable questions
If you were to purchase everything individually, it would cost $38.23, this is being offered at 30% off for $26.99.
Looking for Interactive Notebook Activities?
You can find them here in a separate package:
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|